Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Tiny Sunshine Collection

One of the things I like to do is shop for unique yarns that I can use to create my bears. This next bear will be the only one in this collection because I only have one color in this type of yarn. This next bear is made from Acrylic Chenille yarn I purchased from Beyond Pretty on eBay. The color is called Pebble, and the name of the color describes the shades of this yarn perfectly. The strands are small, almost a fingering size. It works up sturdy and strong, but fuzzy to the touch. The bear isn't really soft, but it is firm, which is perfect for the characteristics of this bear. 

Bear 712 is tinier than the bears before her.  She is approximately 2 1/2 inches at full length.  I made her nose with black DMC embroidery floss.  She has round black 2mm round eyes.  She is wearing a ribbon and a Treble Clef charm.

I like the way this bear turned out.  She was very easy to make, and I hope to get more yarn like this in the future to continue this collection.

To reference the size of this bear compared to the other bears I've made in previous collections, take a look at the pictures.  As you can see with the other bears from the previous collections, Bear 712 is smaller.  Her strands were smaller than the kind used in the previous collections.

I welcome your questions if you have any.  I hope you come back again soon to view more bear collections for the craft show.

Thank you for stopping by, and I hope to update with more bears soon.


Material Reference:
Beyond Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment